Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP, is frequently selected to represent clients accused of securities fraud, health care fraud, customs fraud, money laundering, bank fraud, mail and wire fraud, and criminal antitrust. Our broad expertise in defending clients accused of financial crimes enables us to understand the legal, factual, and evidentiary issues unique to such charges. Most of our cases are document-intensive and we have the ability to sift through mountains of paper to find and develop the necessary defense.
Several of our cases include:
- Successfully defending a food producer in a criminal antitrust investigation of alleged industry-wide price fixing.
- Convincing the United State Customs Service to discontinue its investigation of a jewelry importer who allegedly maintained three sets of books and submitted false invoices.
- Persuading the United States Attorney's Office not to indict a manufacturer and importer of designer shoes who was accused of engaging in a money laundering scheme.
- Persuading the United States Attorney's Office to dismiss a criminal complaint against a businessman who failed to declare his possession of nearly $200,000 in cash as he was leaving the country, and obtaining the return of approximately 90 percent of the seized funds.
- Convincing the prosecutor to accept a plea bargain providing for no jail time for a defendant accused of a major, multi-million-dollar insurance fraud.
- Convincing a United States District Judge to grant a motion of acquittal, after eight weeks of trial, in a case involving an alleged health plan insurance fraud.