Michael Sardar Representative Matters
- Mr. Sardar secured a favorable non-jail sentence for a client facing federal criminal charges relating to undeclared foreign bank accounts.
- Mr. Sardar convinced the New York County District Attorney's Office to abandon a criminal investigation of his client and successfully resolved the case in a civil manner.
- Mr. Sardar Successfully represented alleged "responsible officer" taxpayer assessed large penalties for unpaid withholding tax, entire assessment was canceled despite the fact that all of taxpayer's statutory and regulatory remedies were time-barred.
- Mr. Sardar represented a wife in innocent spouse proceedings before the IRS and NYS, she was deemed an innocent spouse as to all taxes previously assessed.
- Mr. Sardar secured credit for $3 million in taxes withheld on taxpayer's foreign account. which IRS had previously denied.
- Mr. Sardar successfully sought the return of cash seized from his client by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Mr. Sardar successfully represented taxpayers in connection with a criminal referral to the Criminal Investigation Division (CI) of the IRS and resolved the matter civilly with no significant penalties against the taxpayers.
Mr. Sardar represented a taxpayer in connection with an IRS criminal investigation which had been initiated by a whistle blower who was cooperating with the IRS. Mr. Sardar convinced the IRS Criminal Investigation Division to terminate the investigation with no charges against his client.
Do you like this post?