The huge expansion in Bitcoin & digital currencies in states across the nation and globally has led to a significant need for attorneys proficient in the cutting-edge use of related legal and regulatory issues. The laws vary greatly and have been in flux with the proliferation of Fortune 500 companies, governments, and start-ups seeking to take advantage of this growing use of currency. The faculty for this seminar featured several leading authorities on the subject.
This comprehensive program on virtual currency law introduced attendees to the most relevant issues and practical solutions, including Blockchain, distributed ledger, the growth of cryptocurrencies, role of digital currencies in financial transactions, "Smart Contracts," compliance & avoidance strategies, and virtual currency transmissions. The faculty also covered the changes and progress on the latest legal developments and future regulations.
Key Agenda Points
- Understanding Blockchain
- Most Critical Challenges involving Digital Currencies
- Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Legal Issues
- Profiting from the Growth of Cryptocurrencies
- Issues faced by Fortune 500 Companies, Governments, and Start-ups
- "Smart Contracts"
- Case Law Update
- Compliance & Avoidance Strategies
- Virtual Currency Transmissions
- Role of Digital Currencies in Financial Transactions
- Interactive Question & Answer Session with the Experts
- Nicole M. Kalajian, Stradley Ronon
- Samuel G. Kramer, Baker & McKenzie
- Bryan A. Skarlatos, Partner at Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
Click here for more information