Brian C. Wille Representative Matters
- Secured multi-million-dollar concessions from the Internal Revenue Service in litigation over allegedly abusive tax shelter (June 2010)
- Secured, on appeal, reinstatement of fraud, breach of fiduciary and related claims in action involving oil industry joint venture, later resulting in seven-figure recovery on behalf of plaintiffs (March 2010)
- Secured dismissal of fraud claims against senior officers of insurance company (April 2007)
- Persuaded Securities and Exchange Commission to abandon securities fraud claims against ex-Chairman of major telecommunications company (March 2007)
- Participated as part of a team that recovered more than $275 million in judgments and settlements on behalf of investors in action entitled In Re Safety-Kleen Bondholders Litigation (April 2005)
- Secured, on behalf of world-renowned artist and entertainer, multi-million-dollar recovery in securities fraud action against his financial advisor
- Secured, on behalf of entrepreneur and venture capitalist, multi-million-dollar recovery against his broker for fraud, churning, and related misconduct
- Persuaded Securities and Exchange Commission to abandon insider trading claims against family insider accused of trading on the basis of nonpublic information about impending merger
- Persuaded federal prosecutors not to pursue front-running claims against securities specialist
- Secured settlement, on favorable terms, of market-timing claims against securities broker
- Secured dismissal of fraud claims against former partner in leading law firm
- Secured successful results in numerous estate and probate proceedings, including successful challenge of Will on grounds of fraud and undue influence, and successful defense of co-executors and co-trustees on claims of theft and self-dealing.
Do you like this post?