Join us on December 28th at the New York State Society of CPAs as we follow the journey of Joe & Mary through the IRS process. This full-day program will use a particular client’s fact pattern to highlight the various areas of the IRS representation process and the opportunities and pitfalls for practitioners and their clients.
After attending this seminar you will understand:
- The examination process, how to help the clients organize their information, and present it in a way to the IRS to resolve the exam favorably
- How to get to appeals and when it makes sense to request an appeal either at the thirty-day letter or strategically waiting for the Notice of Deficiency (“ninety-day letter”).
- The impact of the “Appeals Judicial Approach and Culture” or “AJAC”, and how that impacts the practitioner’s strategy for presenting evidence
- The collection process, pointing out opportunities to help your client resolve their outstanding tax issue
- The collection statute of limitations, the various billing notices and what they mean, when and how to request a collection appeal, and what the actual meaning of “tax compliance”
- The various options for resolving the client’s tax issue, including uncollectable status, installment agreements, offers-in-compromise and bankruptcy
Click here to register for the event
14 Wall St
New York, NY 10005
Google map and directions