Sharon L. McCarthy Representative Matters
- Obtained acquittal of Denis Field, former CEO of BDO Seidman, in a major tax shelter trial in the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of garment industry manufacturer in connection with federal investigation into payroll, corporate, and personal tax evasion involving millions of dollars in unpaid taxes. Successfully obtained a probationary sentence.
- Representation of sole shareholder of Subchapter S corporation in federal tax fraud investigation, resulting in corporate plea with no charges against the individual.
- Representation of commodities trader in connection with fraud investigation by the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, the New York County District Attorney's Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Representation of dozens of holders of foreign bank accounts in connection with voluntary disclosures before the Internal Revenue Service (criminal investigation and civil audit) and numerous state taxing authorities.
- Representation of a famous foreign politician who has been indicted in the United States for allegedly depositing stolen funds in a New York bank
- Representation of multinational individuals under audit by the Internal Revenue Service concerning issues relating to international holdings, complex trusts, and FBAR issues
- Representation of employee of bidding agent in Department of Justice's antitrust investigation of the municipal bond industry
- Representation of foreign individuals under investigation by the Department of Justice for tax fraud relating to foreign income
- Representation of multiple individuals in connection with civil audits conducted by the Internal Revenue Service
- Representation of individual in connection with repeated failure to file tax returns and failure to pay taxes due; resulted in misdemeanor plea
- Representation of witness in grand jury investigation conducted by Department of Justice Antitrust Division into alleged kickbacks paid in connection with construction contracts
- Representation of witness in insider trading investigation conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Representation of individuals charged in two separate cases by the New York County District Attorney's Office with major felonies; persuaded government not to bring charges in each case
- Representation of CPA from major accounting firm in connection with investigation by the New York State Attorney General's Office for repeated failure to file tax returns; persuaded the government not to proceed with the prosecution
- Representation of attorneys accused of having misappropriated funds from clients
- Representation of company from whom employee embezzled money; assisted company in pursuing federal charges against employee, resulting in employee's guilty plea to embezzlement
Do you like this post?