Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP, represents clients in a variety of commercial cases in state and federal courts across the country. Our diverse practice ranges from contract disputes and business dissolution cases to matters involving corporate governance, lender liability, unfair competition, and trademark rights.
Some of our successful cases include:
- Securing a jury verdict in favor of a Wall Street lawyer accused in a $60 million civil RICO and fraud case arising out of his representation of a well-known recording artist.
- Enjoining the public auction of the personal effects of a deceased baseball legend on the ground that the property belonged to his estate.
- Successfully defending a commercial bank accused of wrongdoing by the FDIC.
- Securing dismissal of fraud claims against the senior officers of a major insurer.
- Winning trademark protection for a nationally known retailer against claims of prior use and abandonment.
- Convincing a public corporation to disregard the terms of a written employment agreement with our client, who was a fired executive, and instead to adhere to a verbal commitment, resulting in a multimillion dollar severance payment to our client.
- Obtaining a substantial recovery from an insurance company that had denied coverage to a corporation for the cost of an environmental cleanup.
- Winning a decision compelling a Fortune 500 company to advance the legal fees and expenses of our client, a former executive of the company, who was the target of a federal criminal investigation.