Christopher M. Ferguson Representative Matters
- Representation of employee of bidding agent in multi-jurisdictional Department of Justice bid rigging investigation into the municipal derivatives industry; persuaded government not to bring charges.
- Representation of registered representative at major investment bank in coordinated multi-agency investigation into mutual fund market timing; persuaded Department of Justice and SEC not to bring charges.
- Representation of target of investigation into tax evasion and Bank Secrecy Act violations in connection with foreign bank accounts; persuaded government not to bring charges.
- Representation of multiple taxpayers in tax shelter litigations in the federal district courts and tax court.
- Representation of insurance company in multi-jurisdictional litigation with an insurance conglomerate involving claims of fraud and breach of contract.
- Representation of principal of one of the largest Chinese food distributors on the East Coast in investigation of Bank Secrecy Act violations by United States Attorney’s Office; persuaded government not to bring charges.
- Persuaded United States Attorney’s Office not to bring charges against chief executive of private company for tax evasion.
- Representation of holders of foreign bank accounts in connection with voluntary disclosures before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Representation of individual accused of engaging in mail and wire fraud by defrauding New York City in credit card scam; obtained sentence of two weeks where minimum recommended sentence under the United States Sentencing Guidelines was one year.
- Representation of owner of construction company in Department of Justice prosecution for structuring offenses; obtained non-incarceration sentence following guilty plea.
- Representation of hedge fund and hedge fund manager in IRS audit.
- Representation of former partner in hedge fund in ownership dispute involving claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of California public utility in various adversary proceedings arising from bankruptcy.
- Representation of former UFC world champion in contract dispute with former manager.
- Representation of owner of New York City parking garages in shareholder dispute.
- Representation of golf course in various contract disputes.
Do you like this post?