Brian P. Ketcham Representative Matters
- Together with Sharon L. McCarthy and Robert S. Fink, Mr. Ketcham represented an individual charged in multiple federal indictments in two different Districts in connection with a complex money laundering conspiracy. The defendant was sentenced to a term of imprisonment nearly 10 years below the low-end of the sentencing guidelines.
- Mr. Ketcham represented an individual under IRS criminal investigation in connection with alleged fraudulent business expenses and successfully resolved the investigation with a civil settlement.
- Mr. Ketcham represented a tax return preparer under investigation for preparing false Schedule C and Schedule E deductions. The case was resolved without any civil penalties or referral for criminal investigation.
- Together with Megan L. Brackney, Mr. Ketcham recently obtained the complete dismissal of civil fraud claims brought against an individual alleged to have created and promoted abusive tax shelters.
- Mr. Ketcham has successfully assisted numerous clients avoid criminal prosecution by making voluntary disclosures to the Internal Revenue Service of millions of dollars of undeclared income.
- Together with Sharon L. McCarthy, Mr. Ketcham obtained a sentence of probation in a bank fraud case after the Probation Department determined a sentencing guidelines range of 97-121 months imprisonment.
- Mr. Ketcham obtained a sentence of probation for a return preparer convicted of aiding tax evasion and who faced 18-24 months imprisonment.
Do you like this post?